Thursday, October 16, 2008

Back from Tokyo, and I miss it already.

Picking up where I left off...

Much has happened since the last time I updated this blog back on Friday the 10th Japan time. So much fun, I was too tired to do any updating. A visit to an Akiba Maid Cafe, drunken karaoke, an informal visit to Sega, Asakusa temples, the overall euphoria of the last leg of my 2-week vacation in Tokyo Japan had the end in sight, but that didn't mean the fun had to stop. Lacking sleep, the Tokyo newb in me refused to stop playing Virtua Fighter 5R at the smoke filled Sega Club's in Akiba and Shibuya, I wasn't ready to give up eating late night ramen, or pigging out on izakaya, and conveyor-belt sushi, I wasn't ready to give up drinking in the streets, or on the train, hanging out till late acting a fool.

Of course all good things come to an end, and after a traveling across the time zone on Wednesday night (Japan time), arriving Wednesday morning in Vancouver, reflecting on what an amazing experience I had the last several days, I honestly wouldn't want to experience Tokyo, any other way.

Picking up where I left off, DAY 8 Saturday morning we had to checkout of our Hotel in Chiba, for our other stay in Ginza an hour away, at the Mitsui Garden Ginza, the very swank Hotel with a killer view of Tokyo. Once we settled in, we checked out the promenade and went to the Sapporo Beer Hall for some good drinks and food.

After filling ourselves with good beer, and food. We headed back to the hotel and hung out in the lobby to figure out what to do next. Being we were so close to Tokyo Tower, we decided to see it up close, and possibly go inside it.

Rather than walking it, we caught a cab.

The Tokyo Tower was a pretty cool experience, though I didn't know you had to pay to keep going up each floor. The mid-level tier was good enough, so once we were bored we headed back down.

There was an unavoidable tourist area on the way down, that featured a Guinness Book Museum, some stores, and a history of the Tokyo Tower's construction. I didn't learn anything.

We then headed back to the hotel to get some drinks in the restaurant/lounge. Awesome view, and lounge atmosphere.

Hungry after the ultra expensive lounge, we went for some Udon down the street, then crashed.

No comments: