Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentines 2012 Custom Maile Poison Ivy Toy

Had no time to look for a real poison ivy plant!


Happy Valentine's Day!

Hey, Albert Art fans!

2012 has just begun, and I have a few things in store for all youse toy fans.

Here's a look at my latest custom toy, a Chris Sanders Aloha 'Maile' hand painted custom.

The Aloha Maile sculpture is based on Chris Sanders signature style of the curvaceous female form, like a throwback to cheesecake pin-up art. The design lends itself nicely to all sorts of female characters from the world of comics and animation.  I had a few ideas I wanted to paint, with varying levels of sexuality, but I decided to keep things tasteful for general audiences.

Attractive and deadly, supervillainess Poison Ivy from the Batman universe fit the bill.








The paint design is a cross between Bruce Timm's Poison Ivy from Batman the Animated Series, and The New Batman Adventures, shows that I enjoyed growing up. The color scheme is a little different from the animated series, but I'm happy with the way it turned out.

It took around a week to prep, and paint this toy.







Become a fan!




As seen on
Plastic & Plush
TOYSREVIL




No comments: