Saturday, June 05, 2010

Never Quit Astoria Boxing Club short

Never Quit - Astoria Boxing Club (HD) from Albert Art on Vimeo.

This is another short film that I shot quite awhile ago, in January, and it's something that dragged on for several months in post as I tried to figure out the style of music that I wanted. Herman Witkam, whom I collaborated with previously on Vancouver in 2010, was patient enough with me to try different music compositions. In the end we settled for something that would give a feeling of epic proportions.

The folks at Astoria Boxing Club were cool enough to let me come in to observe these fighters in training. I tried my best to stay out of their way for fear I would get clocked in the face, and some how damage my camera, but luckily nothing like that happened.

running time: 01:20

'Never Quit' is a short piece on amateur boxing, which highlights dedicated fighters in training. Filmed at the Astoria Boxing Club in Vancouver, Canada, the goal was to capture the intensity and aggression of boxing.

Dir. Albert Art Original Music by Herman Witkam

Special Thanks Astoria Boxing Club George Angelomatis Dave Schuck Jaime Ward

AlbertArt.net herman-witkam.com warriorsboxingclub.com

Everlast Pro Style Training Gloves (Black, 16 oz.) Adidas adistar Boxing Specialty Shoes Mens 13 Everlast Mantis Mitts Punch Mitts

No comments: