Thursday, February 26, 2009

Reading Watchmen before the movie

Gotta finish reading Watchmen before 3/6/09.

Yeah, I'm like so many other people out there who never read Watchmen growing up, and are only getting into 'The Most Celebrated Graphic Novel of All Time', prior to the movie's release, hitting theaters March 6th.

I'm halfway through the book, but I don't think I'll finish in time. I just don't have much time to sit and read without any interruptions. I also like to enjoy the artwork, so that slows down the page flipping significantly. Still, I'm gonna keep reading and see how far I get before the film comes out.

Amazing is a good way to describe it, I can understand why this book is so respected, and revered. These superheroes are complex, have flaws, and the world they live in isn't a squeaky clean Metropolis. They've been hurt, and they've caused hurt, they seem quite realistic, and in very gray area, like everyday people. Their origin stories are deep, detailed, and are fascinating to read.

I definitely can't wait to see how this story plays out in film form. What gets cut out, and what remains.

Now back to reading...

No comments: