Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Happy Rez HD day, and I'm officially an owner of a PSP!

Rez 2 cool

Lately, the 360 seems to be making my dreams come true. From Virtua Fighter 5 Online, to Rez HD, it's like my favorite games are destined to end up on the Microsoft box. Not that I'm complaining of course, these two games can sustain me for life. The replay value alone for both these games is off the f'ing charts! I just won't get bored of them.

What can I say about Rez HD aside from the fact that it's friggin' amazing. I don't have an HDTV yet, but it's still fantastic on my regular tube. The 'rail shooter' which calls to mind a little bit of Star Fox, meets Panzer Dragoon, meets Tempest 2000, feels like it hasn't changed much from the Dreamcast version. And I like it that way.

I'm impressed with how the experience translates to the 360. It feels the same, but tighter, graphically, and control wise. It's so good. The added competition of the Leaderboards has me bent on kicking some score attack ass! And I can do it... I'm a score attack nut! I've only been playing the game since it came out on the Dreamcast, which was like oh, I don't know... 7 years ago! OMG has it been 7 years?

The game has come far, and the XBLA seems like an ideal platform to introduce the game to gamers. Now, when ever I get a home theater set up, I'll truly be able to enjoy Rez HD.

If you haven't given Rez a try, definitely try out the demo. If you're a fan of shooters, and music based gameplay, you'll love it!

I got a PSP w/games for 50 bucks!!

So a friend of mine who hasn't played his PSP in a year or so, decided to finally sell the Sony portable today. Well, more like get rid of it. For $50, he offered me the PSP with several games, a PSP case, memory card, and all the necessary wires. This is literally one of the best deals I've ever been offered. So naturally I took it. The PSP may be a few years old, but it's totally worth it. It's still in great condition. Plus there are a few games that I want to get my hands on, and the PSP library to choose from ain't too shabby.

I also tried the God of War Demo, and was blown away at how incredibly console-like the game is. This is one of the best looking games on the PSP, and it plays so well.

No comments: