Monday, March 12, 2012

FOODIE EATS TU LAN VIETNAMESE SAN FRANCISCO


FOODIE EATS! - SAN FRANCISCO - TU LAN VIETNAMESE RESTAURANT


I had a chance to try this little local favorite, Vietnamese restaurant when I was in town for GDC. A local friend suggested Tu Lan (thx momop!). The area isn't so great around the restaurant, which is the case with a lot of the good food in downtown SF. The lunch crowd was very busy and very packed, but the turnover was fairly quick, and not too bad of a wait.

A friend and I sat at the bar, set up like an old diner, but serving up some very good Vietnamese eats. The serving staff were very quick, even though it might appear as chaos, they were pretty organized, Asian style. 

I ordered half salad roll/spring roll which wasn't on the menu but they were glad to do it for new customers. I also ordered a #7 Pho noodle. The broth was quite peppery compared to other Pho that I've tried, and the beef pieces were fully cooked (no rare steak option) but still very filling and tasty.

Apparently their #15 (kabob on noodle) is da bomb! Which I will have to make a return trip to try.

Tu Lan Vietnamese, good stuff!

And yes, that is Julia Child on their menus.






Vietnamese Cuisine  ♦  Since 1977
8, Sixth Street, San Francisco, CA. 94103
(415) 626-0927


No comments: