Sunday, February 14, 2010

Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Celebrations
Vancouver is where the party is at!

I quickly put together some footage from two different days of Olympic celebration. Some protests, some fireworks, some fun... what a way to kick off the event!

The opening ceremony itself at BC Place was pretty impressive. I expected something underwhelming, but the way BC Place was transformed into an icey cold, winter wonderland, with an uber animated light projection on the floor, I was impressed. Very very cool, and I'm very happy with the way things ended up, despite the hyrdolic issue at the very end.

My best memory from Friday, would have to be running from Robson Square all the way to Waterfront Vancouver Convention Center, along with the flash mob chasing Wayne Gretzky with the final torch. It was like a scene out of a Nike commercial (or a old school Mortal Kombat spot)... you know the one with crazy people running through the streets. That is something I will never forget, and I survived to tell my kids about it. What a fucking party. haha. And it's only the beginning!

No comments: