Monday, August 31, 2009

Bumbershoot 2009

This Weekend...

Seattle is the place to be this Labor Day weekend. With the Penny Arcade Expo kicking off this Friday, and Bumbershoot Music & Arts Festival Saturday, the long weekend in Seattle is looking like a great way to chill.

Last year was my first Bumbershoot experience, which I went into not really knowing what to expect. Needless to say, after spending sometime at the Music & Arts festival -- which showcases a wide range of bands, arts, and FOOD! -- I came away pleased with the experience. It was something I had to balance with the Penny Arcade Expo also going on during the same time, (which is a whole other beast of a festival), but made convenient with the close proximity of the Convention Center, to the Seattle Center. I'm glad I had took the time to see what Bumbershoot was all about last year, this time around is looking to be another great lineup of music.

I'm definitely looking forward to Andre 3000's, protege Janelle Monae performing. Other notable acts, De La Soul, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, MSTRKRFT, Raphael Saadiq, Black Eyed Peas, Franz Ferdinand, Metric, Modest Mouse, to name few over the course of 3 days.

It's gonna be a hot one, and that's only a part of the music side of the festival!

No comments: