Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Anton's Pasta Pen reward

Gorging for a reward.

Anton's Pasta prides itself in the massive dinner portions that are infamous in and around Vancouver, and only a rare few are up to the challenge of gorging on pasta that could feed a family of four, putting their appetites to the test and finishing their entire entrees. In return for the act of gluttony, Anton's rewards eaters with a pen, as a sign of their new accomplishment.

Unlike the last time I went to Anton's, this time I started out strong, and kept a steady pace. The pasta was really tasty, and I was really hungry that night too, so that helped in my mission to earn an Anton's pen. And thus, it was mine.

Amazing how skinny Asians can pack away food like bottomless pits, like the Japanese hotdog contest winners. We must all have parasites in our guts. One of these days my metabolism will slow down, and I'll be thinking twice about packing away this much food. But until then, I'm going to enjoy eating.

Though, I honestly feel like I didn't earn the pen fairly. You see, each kind of pasta is different. Each dish is different. And I guess this time I lucked out with a much lighter pasta. The first time I tried, and failed to finish a plate at Anton's I had ordered the Linguine Con Polpette - meatballs topped with a tomato meat sauce. This time I ordered Fusilli Alla Romana - pancetta, mushrooms, capers & black olives in a spicy tomato sauce. The missing meatballs really made a difference, and if it wasn't for the lack of meatballs, I probably wouldn't be able to finish the dish.

In any case, the Anton's menu rocks, and every time I go back, I make sure to try something else because mostly everything tastes good.

Jen, Kevin. I did this for you guys! Ahaha! And yes, I felt sick after, but it was so worth it.

No comments: