Sunday, January 11, 2009

Stuart Ng Books Torrance California Los Angeles

The goods I picked up at Stuart Ng - Wendling, Sanders, Murakami, Pierre Alary.

I LOVE STUART NG BOOKS!!!

While I was in LA for the Holidays I finally got around to visiting a book store that I had been meaning to go to for some time. Stuart Ng Books located in Torrance, is an art and comicbook store that deals with sketchbooks, rare and out-of-print imported art books and comicbooks. It just so happens to be in the neighborhood that I grew up in, the Gardena/Torrance area, and only appeared on the scene about 2 years ago, before then the business operated out of Stuart's house.

My coworkers had been ordering loads of sketchbooks from this store, so I couldn't help but tell them that I would be going down there for xmas. At first I had no idea it was located in my old stomping grounds, less than 10 minutes from the house.

The place has a pretty cozy feel, tucked away in a unassuming building on Crenshaw, with art and books from wall to wall. The staff if very knowledgeable and helpful too, recommending artists along the lines of a similar style you might be interested in. I literally had a geekasm, when looking at the selection of artists available, I was ready to drop one hundred or more dollars on stuff. I ended up doing exactly that. It was like going to Comic-Con all over again.

Speaking of Comic-Con, Stuart Ng sets up shop at Wonder Con, and Comic-Con San Diego, so if you can't make it to the store, check out their booths.

Definitely a hidden treasure in the South Bay Torrance area, that every comicbook, animation, and art fan should check out. They even spotlight some good local eats in and around Torrance on their site.

Stuart Ng rocks!

No comments: