Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 Recap


A year of progress!



ART TOYS


2011 has been a fantastic year! My collaboration with Toy2R in the Skelanimals Qee Artist Series 2, marked my first ever production toy. A big step forward with the release of this custom toy, Letterman The Hound. This was also the catalyst for my frequent participation in local comic conventions, and art markets throughout the year. Met a bunch of great artists, who have become my table mates at various cons.


I have some new stuff coming up in the new year. I'm planning to do several more Vancouver Comic Cons. Stay tuned, stay safe, and thank you for your support. https://plus.google.com/b/106042054698715164922/


ANDROID


I decided to replace my old gen 1 iPhone with a Nexus S, the Google Samsung collaboration phone. So far it's been a great phone, doing everything that I need it to. The camera takes very nice pics, and Little Photo is my fave photo app. Check out my random pics on http://twitpic.com/photos/albertart


GOOGLE+


Google+ was an unexpected new social networking tool that I have been using quite heavily since it was in beta. The tool has some pretty nifty features that make the experience a bit like Twitter, and a bit like blogger, but very different from Facebook. I plan on using the Hangout feature in the new year! https://plus.google.com/b/106042054698715164922/



I HEART TEXAS.


This year I attended SXSW in Austin, TX. The music, film and interactive festival was a very cool experience for networking, learning, and film reviewing. I along with @debuggirl wrote quite a bit of coverage for our friends at http://HeyUGuys.co.uk


I also made a second trip to Texas for Thanksgiving in November. The Lone Star state is definitely growing on me.



PAX PRIME


This year at PAX Prime 2011, was a little different. Though I didn't spend the entire weekend in the convention, I spent a bunch of time hanging out with Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown inside of Gameworks. I'm looking forward to this game in the summer of 2012. I really enjoyed the arcade atmosphere, and hanging out with fellow VF fanatics.


GAMING


ARKHAM CITY, DEUS EX HR, BATTLEFIELD 3 and SWTOR. Nuff said.


KINECT


I just purchased a KINECT shortly after xmas, and I must say it has proven to be a great way to get young members and grownups in my family active, without having to worry about recharging wireless remotes, and dealing with the hassle of floor pad controllers like a wii balance boards. The house Wii will definitely be collecting dust looking into the new year.


iPAD


I won an iPad at work during a raffle. I beat out over 300 people. I guess I'm pretty lucky! We'll see how 2012 plays out! It's actually quite useful!


Hello new iPad! First time I ever won anything from #office r... on Twitpic


NEW FILMS


I have a new short film coming soon! TOP SECRET. For now!


So Long 2011, hello 2012.

No comments: