Friday, March 25, 2011

Scenes from SXSW 2011 Time Lapse

SOUTH BY SOUTHWEST 2011

And so the SXSW festival of film, music, and interactive has come and gone, and what an amazing experience it was. Debuggirl and myself had a chance to represent the film and entertainment blog HeyUGuys.co.uk during our time in Austin, contributing various film reviews and news to their site. Shout out to Dave for putting up with us!

I saw many great films in the festival, plenty of which just so happened to be documentaries. Being Elmo, Hit So Hard, Conan Can't Stop, Fightville. I also saw Jodie Foster's The Beaver, and James Wan's Insidious, which were both quite good, and Kill List which was my least favorite. Aside films, there was plenty of music, food, and booze hosted by various venues like Purevolume, Youtube, Google etc. I also had a chance to see Game Designer Richard Garriott, get his ass kicked by IBM's WATSON at the Interactive panel.

I put together a short video filmed in and around the Austin Convention, and 6th Street. Though it's not an exhaustive report on all that I did at SXSW, I think it captures just how hectic the festival was. With so much going on, there's something for everyone. I have to rank SXSW as my current #1 favorite festival/conference to attend. I love the town of Austin, and look forward to many more trips in the future to SXSW.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm so jealous! Wish I had been there with you and Debuggirl! LOVE your video. A LOT of work went into that 1 & 1/2 minutes, my lord. It's awesome! Didn't know there was an "interactive" portion to SXSW. But now I do. Yet another reason to visit.