Monday, June 02, 2008

If I were a Dental surgeon, I'd be rich.

Today marks the one-week anniversary of my surgery, in which all four of my wisdom teeth were forcefully removed from my mouth. The surgery which cost under $2000 (What a deal!) involved a light sedation which completely knocked me out during the procedure. Thankfully, I didn't hear any of the drilling, cutting, or stitching common when someone removes teeth still under the gum. I was fast asleep in dreamland, and I woke up with relative ease without so much of a hangover as I expected. Surprisingly, I could walk in a straight line after the surgery, unlike if I had been drinking, so I guess the sedation was pretty light.

Since then, I've recovered quite well. From someone with a mouth oozing with blood, and swollen like a Hamster's cheeks, to 'normal' within five days, the mouth heals up pretty fast. Things were pretty heady at first, I was restricted to eating only apple sauce, yogurt, cold soups, and uber soft tofu and oatmeal, I easily took for granted how easy it is to eat regular food, and the ability to chew it. Some bits of food would sting the wound which hurt like a mutha, and get caught in between the cheeks, which sucked. Soon after, I started to crave steak, and mashed potatoes, and updated my status accordingly on facebook to reflect this craving. I was given a bunch of Tylenol 3 pills, but I didn't really need them after the first day. However I was told to take Amoxicillin 3 times a day to prevent infection. (Those pills smell like piss BTW). I had to ice both sides of my face constantly, but it was kind of hard, when I had two hands on the 360 controller playing GTA. If it's one good thing about sitting at home after surgery, it's being able to catch up on some much needed gaming.

I think I'm almost done playing GTA. At least, I think I am. I've clocked in so many hours, and played so many missions, met so many characters, and killed a few of them too. I've been so involved with the game the last week that every time I talk about it with friends, it sounds like I'm referring to real-life incidents and people. Without the surgery I wouldn't have been able to spend so much time with the game. Thanks Dr. Reichman!

If you're looking to get your wisdom teeth removed, you're in Vancouver, and you HAVE insurance, Doc Reichman is the go to guy for that. He does so many of these procedures in a single day that, that you can hear the money flowing. HAHA!

Dr. Mark Reichman 1-1380 7th Avenue West Vancouver, BC V6H 3W5 (604) 733-6676‎

No comments: